In conjunction with their application, students should submit a video performance of the repertoire listed no later than Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 5:00 PM CST.
- CMA partners with Acceptd, a digital platform used for auditions, to run the CMA Young Soloist Competition. Entrants must sign up for an Acceptd account in order to upload their performance videos. Sign up (or login) for an account here. The Acceptd platform opens for video submissions on January 18.
- The following file types are compatible with the Acceptd platform: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, MKV and M2V. YouTube links cannot be submitted.
- Videos must be of high quality. Click here for tips about recording your videos.
- Video recording must be made with one fixed camera angle/location, focused such that the performer is visible at all times.
- Videos must contain repertoire listed on the original application.
- Entrant name should not be included anywhere in the video.
- Each piece (including individual movements of a larger work) must be uploaded as an individual video file. No editing is allowed. Each selection must be labeled with the title and composer. For individual movements of a larger work, label with the title, Roman numeral of movement and composer. Example: Sonata in F Minor, Op. 2, No. 1, I., Beethoven. Preludes and Fugues may be considered a single piece.
- Only repertoire originally written for unaccompanied instrument or voice may be performed without an accompanist.
- Check videos for sound quality prior to uploading.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT VIDEOS.
- A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
- Chrome is the preferred browser for Acceptd.
- Should you have problems uploading videos, try uploading one at a time, making sure each upload is complete prior to starting the next upload.
- Judges will listen to a portion or all of each video up to 10 minutes. (If selected to compete in the live finals, the same repertoire should be performed, but the maximum performance time will be 25 minutes.)
- Entrants who do not follow guidelines may be disqualified.