Civic Music Association is proud to present the 90th Anniversary Season for the 2014/15 concert series. On June 30, 1925, Mrs. Elsa Neumann, Mrs. Sam Shloss and Mrs. Arthur Cowles decided to “Do Something Different” by creating a mission driven organization of presenting world-class musicians to Des Moines.
Ninety years later, this tradition continues as CMA hosts an eight concert series featuring internationally acclaimed jazz & classical artists. Notable performances include Sergei Rachmaninoff, Artur Rubinstein, Beverly Sills, Isaac Stern, Joshua Bell, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Chamber Ensemble, and several major orchestras. In 1990, Civic Music added jazz to its series and among the high caliber artists featured throughout the years include, Wynton Marsalis, Arturo Sandoval, John Pizzarelli, Joe Lovano, Esperanza Spalding, Christian McBride, Kurt Elling, Mignus Big Band and many others.
Below is the exciting line-up for the 2014/15 Jazz & Classical Concert Series at Sheslow Auditorium on the Drake University Campus.
· Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, Friday, September 26, 2014
· Fifth House Ensemble, Saturday, October 18, 2014
· Béla Fleck & Brooklyn Rider, Thursday, November 13, 2014
· Spanish Harlem Orchestra, Salsa Navidad, Saturday, December 13, 2014
· André Watts, Saturday, January 31, 2015
· Nnenna Freelon & Earl Klugh: An Intimate Evening, Saturday, February 14, 2015
· Last Southern Gentleman Tour, Featuring Ellis and Delfeayo Marsalis, Friday, March 27, 2015
· Elling Swings Sinatra, Featuring Kurt Elling and the Turner Center Jazz Orchestra, Friday, April 24, 2015
As part of Civic Music Association’s Partners in Music Education Programs, each artist will immerse themselves in the community with workshops, master classes or, in the case of Fifth House Ensemble, a multiday residency program.
Civic Music Association Season Tickets are now available through the Civic Music Association Office at 900 Mulberry Street, Ste 203 in Downtown Des Moines, by calling 515-280-4020, or by visiting www.wordpress-144545-417496.cloudwaysapps.com. Discount prices are available for new subscribers. Single tickets to all concerts will go on sale August 1, 2014. Visit http://www.wordpress-144545-417496.cloudwaysapps.com/tickets for subscription information.